Get the look: Lace manicure
Get the look by watching the step by step guide in the video player below.
What lifts any look? The right nails, and with this new lace look you can take your look for ordinary to romantic vintage classic in a matter of minutes.
Worn by the likes of Blake Lively and Jennifer Lopez, the lace manicure is easy to achieve, just follow these steps from OPI.
- Start with your an OPI base coat, prepping your nails as you would a normal manicure.
- Apply either one or two coats of your preferred base colour, wait until your base colour is completely dry before applying your lace.
- Cut 10 pieces of thin lace in shapes that are similar to your nail shape.
- Apply one layer of OPI top coat over-the-top of your base colour and carefully place a piece of lace onto the top coat whilst it is still wet. Make sure that the top coat you use is not a quick drying top coat, as you want the lace to stick-onto the top coat. Use a pair of tweezers to position the lace in the desired position. Nail glue can also be used, but sticking lace to the top coat is an easier a cleaner option.
- Wait for the top coat to be completely dry before apply and second coat of OPI's Top Coat over the top of the lace application. Trim off any excess lace and re-apply the topcoat if necessary.
Related video: Get the look by watching the step by step guide in the video below.