Christmas leftovers: Spicy turkey tortillas with avocado salsa
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
eschalots, 2, finely sliced
dried oregano, 2 teaspoons
brown sugar, 1 teaspoon
cooked turkey meat,
250g finely shredded
lime, 1, juice
jumbo tortillas wraps,
wild rocket leaves, to serve
corn kernels, 125g can, drained
avocado, 1, stone removed, peeled, chopped
lime, 1, peeled, seeds removed, flesh finely chopped
small red chilli, 1, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high. Saute eschalots 1-2 minutes, until tender. Add oregano, cinnamon, coriander and brown sugar. Cook 30 seconds, until sticky and fragrant.
- Add turkey meat and cook, stirring, until warmed through. Remove pan from heat and mix in lime juice. Season to taste. Set aside to cool slightly.
- SALSA: In a small bowl, toss all ingredients together. Season to taste.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue plate on high. Using a 10cm round cutter, cut 12cm rounds from tortilla wraps (see tip). Brush with oil and char-grill 30 seconds each side, until golden.
- Top wraps with turkey mixture, salsa and baby rocket to serve.
- Leave leftover tortilla pieces to become stale for a day or two then process into crumbs. Store in a zip-lock bag in freezer to use when breadcrumbs are needed.
See full comment guidelines
- Personal attacks
- Irrelevant comments
- HTML tags
- Personal information
- Offensive language
- Text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
Thank you for sharing your opinions with other users of
NineMSN. People will find your comments more helpful if you include
relevant information and avoid some common pitfalls.
Please note: All reviews and comments submitted are subject to moderation, NineMSN reserves the right to alter and / or remove any content that does not comply with usage guidelines.
What to include in your comment:
- A title that briefly summarizes the opinion expressed in the
- Additional comments adding more detail.
- Comparisons to other similar products, if this is relevant.
- To create a new paragraph, press the Enter key twice.
What not to include:
- Information that will quickly go out of date.
- Comments on other comments or commenters.
- Language that other users may find offensive.
- comments of one sentence or less. Provide information to support your
- Personal information like your email address or telephone number.
- HTML coding. Tags like <b> or <i> will not be recognized.