Easy enchiladas sent in by Wendy Furminger of Stanthorpe, Queensland.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
mince (your choice), 500g
onion, 1, chopped
red capsicum, ½, seeded, chopped
tomato paste, ¼ cup
mild paprika, 1 tablespoon
chilli powder, 1 teaspoon
red kidney beans, 400g, rinsed, drained
tomato pasta sauce, 550g jar
cheddar cheese, grated, 2 cups
parmesan, grated, ¼ cup
dried mixed herbs, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a large, shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Brown mince 5-6 minutes, breaking up lumps as it cooks. Add onion and capsicum and cook 2-3 minutes, until onion softens.
- Stir in tomato paste, paprika and chilli and cook 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add beans and half the pasta sauce. Simmer 4-5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Spoon mince mixture evenly down the centre of each tortilla. Roll up to enclose and place side by side in the dish as you work.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over, sprinkle with cheeses and scatter with herbs. Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- This dish freezes well.
- For a delicious change, serve the mince mixture with rice, topped with salsa, grated cheese, corn chips and sour cream.