Udon noodle soup
Udon noodle soup sent in by Mina Lim from Cairnlea in Victoria.
udon noodles, 180g
beef stock, 2 cups
water, ½ cup
ginger, 4cm, peeled, finely chopped
carrot, 1, peeled, thinly sliced
onion, ½, finely chopped
sesame oil, 1 tablespoon
sugar, 1 teaspoon
bean sprouts, ¼ cup, washed
- Cook noodles following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine stock, water and ginger. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add carrot and onion and simmer a further 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add sesame oil and sugar. Season to taste. Stir through cooked, drained noodles.
- Divide noodles and soup between 2 serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts to serve.
- Top with coriander leaves or shredded green onion, if liked.