Spring clean your body and pantry meal plan
Spring is almost here and this is the time to give your body, fridge and pantry a good spring clean.
See our step by step advice for spring cleaning your body and your pantry and then follow this meal plan.
- Smoothie: Blend a cup of mixed berries with 200g low-fat natural yoghurt and 150ml skimmed milk – add 1 tbs chia oil and breakfast is ready. The amazing colour of this smoothie provides you with an idea of the high level of antioxidants you’ll be obtaining. Antioxidants, help to protect against disease. The addition of the Chia oil provides a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Scrambled eggs with rhy toast: Take 2 free range eggs and beat them with 2 tbs skimmed milk and some chopped fresh parsley. Cook them up in a non stick pan stirring as you go and serve with 2 thinly sliced pieces of rye toast and a few grilled tomatoes.
- Natural low-fat yoghurt with wheat free muesli and fruit: Slice some berries, add ½ cup of wheat free muesli and 3 tbs low-fat natural yoghurt – you’ll be good to go until lunch time.
- Salmon, avocado and egg salad: Salads must have substance otherwise you’ll be starving by the time it gets to 3pm. Team good quality protein (such as that shown in slide 4 which a range of veggies such as alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, grated carrot or zucchini, cherry tomatoes and the like.
Try this recipe for Salmon, avocado and egg salad.
- Sandwich: With 100 percent rye bread you can still enjoy a sandwich. Fill it with any of the proteins shown in slide 4 and team with a range of salad veggies.
- Vegetable tangine with chickpeas: Vegetables and chickpeas are delicious and substantial and this meal can last for a few days. Serve with some quinoa to increase protein content.
Try this recipe for Vegetable tangine with chickpeas.
- Fish and veggies: If you’re looking for a light dinner look no further then this recipe for roast snapper. Team with a green salad or some veggies to round of the meal.
Try this recipe for Roasted snapper with balsamic tomatoes.
- Chilli, coriander and lemon barramundi: Fresh herbs have many medicinal properties and they taste fabulous. Coriander has great spring-cleaning qualities as it contains constituents, which aid detoxification.
Try this recipe for Chilli, coriander and lemon barramundi.
- Quick veggie dal: Dal's are cheap to make and rich in taste. Make extra and take for lunch the next day or freeze to enjoy another time. Serve with long grain brown rice.
Try this recipe for Quick veggie Dal.
Each day choose one of these snacks between meals:
- 2 brown rice or corn crackers topped with egg or avocado, or with nut spread;
- 30 grams (small handful) of raw unsalted nuts;
- Or a piece of seasonal fruit.
The top diet mistakes.
Join the discussion! Click below to find us on facebook!