Coffee & hazelnut slice
By Rita Jefferies, Erina, NSW.
¼cup hazelnut spread
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup desiccated coconut
½cup brown sugar
½cup chopped hazelnuts
cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine butter, hazelnut spread, golden syrup and coffee in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Combine flour, coconut, sugar and hazelnuts in a large bowl. Add butter mixture, stirring until combined.
- Firmly press into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with cocoa. Serve cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Place a piece of baking paper between the layers of slice when storing.
More delicious recipes in this week's Woman's Day
, on sale August 24, 2009.
Also in the mag this week: Sonia's mid-life meltdownHazel Hawke's tragic decline: Mum doesn't know who we are anymoreRob Pattinson: Why I love KristenBrad's up in smoke After a year from hell Jessica's still smilingEric Dane's steamy scandalTime for Brian to step upHolly Brisley: I've never felt so much loveNicole warns: don't push our sonParis's pooch palace From pizza boy to platinum star: Schoolboy Mark's amazing journey
True lifeMiracle MS recovery...I'm out of my wheelchair!
Shauna McLean tells Glen Williams how a 'wonder pill' gave her back her life. World's Strictest Parents: Memphis is wilder than ever!
Visiting the out-of-control teen after the show, Monique Butterworth finds her untamed and unrepentant.
From the food pagesTry Nescafé's delicious café menu range for your next coffee catch-up.