Strawberry cloud cake
Serves 8Cooking time:
Less than 30 minutesCourse: DessertFavourite flavours: Easy recipes
Strawberry cloud cake sent in by Narelle Chesterfield from Wallsend, NSW.
plain chocolate biscuits,
butter, 125g, melted
desiccated coconut, ¼ cup
fresh berries, to serve
ripe strawberries, 250g punnet, hulled and sliced
caster sugar, 1 cup
lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
strawberry essence or topping,
- Line the base and side of a 26cm round spring-form pan with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl with butter and coconut, mixing well. Press mixture firmly into pan and chill until firm.
- FILLING: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Using an electric mixer, beat on high speed 6-7 minutes, until mixture is thick and glossy. Spoon evenly over chilled base, smoothing surface. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight, until firm enough to slice.
- Using a large hot knife, cut into wedges, wiping knife clean between slices. Serve with fresh berries.
- This cake will keep in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month.