How do I make toffee to put into mini cupcake papers?
This is really simple, but you have to be careful:
2 cups sugar
¾ cup cold water
1 tablespoon vinegar
100's and 1000's or desiccated coconut to decorate
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar has
- Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 5-10 minutes until syrup is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- Arrange paper patty cases on a tray. Pour an even amount of syrup into each patty case. Sprinkle with 100's and 1000's or desiccated coconut if liked.
- Allow to become firm at room temperature.