Back to school
Back to school recipes: Cornflake cookies
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
2 cups cornflakes
½ cup sultanas
¼ milk choc chips
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 2 large oven trays.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Fold flour, 1 cup cornflakes, sultanas and choc chips through mixture.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll into remaining lightly crushed cornflakes. Arrange on trays about 4cm apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool on tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.