Delicious and gluten free: Cranberry and white chocolate cookies
Delicious and gluten free: Cranberry and white chocolate cookies recipe.
125g butter, at room temperature
1½ cups almond meal
½ cup caster sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup rice flour
½ cup cornflour
180g white eating chocolate, finely chopped
½ cup dried cranberries (craisins)
50g white eating chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 2 oven trays.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, almond meal, sugar and vanilla together, until creamy. Add egg, beating well.
- Stir in sifted flours, chopped chocolate and cranberries. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange 5cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly (see tip).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool on trays. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Use floured fingertips or a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Leave biscuits on a wire rack so chocolate can set before placing in an airtight container.
For more delicious gluten free recipes, see this week's Woman's Day
(on sale May 4).