Peanut butter and honeycomb biscuits
Take time out this weekend to bake some of our mouth-watering biscuits and slices. You'll find it really economical as well as fun, and your family will love the aroma of freshly baked goodies coming from the kitchen. So fill up your cookie jars and watch them smile!
125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups self-raising flour, sifted
50g Violet Crumble bar, chopped
50g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 4 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and peanut butter together, until creamy. Add sugar, egg and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy. Fold flour and Violet Crumble bar through mixture.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on prepared trays about 4cm apart. Flatten biscuits slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool for 5 minutes on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Allow to set at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
- If liked, add ½ cup roughly chopped peanuts to the biscuit mixture in step 2.
- Drizzling with melted chocolate is optional.
For more amazing biscuits and slices, see this week's Woman's Day
(on sale April 6).