Serves 10 or moreCooking time:
More than 1 hourCourse: Cakes/baking
250g plain biscuits, broken into small pieces
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup chopped pecan nuts
¼ cup cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
200g dark chocolate, chopped
50g unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuits, coconut, sugar, nuts and cocoa.
- In a small saucepan, stir chocolate, butter and syrup together over low heat for 4-5 minutes until the mixture is melted and well combined. Cool slightly. Add egg. Blend mixture into dry ingredients.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan using a fork. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- Chocolate topping: melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Spread over chilled slice. Chill for 45 minutes until set.
- Using a hot knife, cut slab into squares. Store chilled in an airtight container.
You can chop the biscuits up, or just place them in a sealed bag, remove air and crush lightly using a mallet or rolling pin.More recipesChocolate honeycomb slice