Beetroot and pumpkin salad
Serves 4Cooking time:
Less than 60 minutesSpecial options: Kid friendlyCourse: LunchFavourite flavours: Salad
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
pumpkin, 500g, seeds removed, peeled, chopped
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
baby beets, 450g can, drained, quartered
chickpeas, 400g can, drained, rinsed
avocado, 1, stone removed, peeled, chopped
feta, 100g, cubed
baby rocket leaves, 100g
sliced baguette, fruit, to serve
extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons
red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon
maple syrup, 2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- Arrange pumpkin on tray. Drizzle with oil and season to taste. Bake 20-25 minutes, until tender. Cool slightly.
- DRESSING: In a small jug, whisk all dressing ingredients together. Season to taste.
- In a salad bowl, combine pumpkin, beetroot, chickpeas, avocado, feta and rocket. Toss gently and drizzle with dressing. Pack in a lunchbox with slices
of baguette and fruit.
- Make sure you drain the beetroot well on paper towel.
- Cook pumpkin the night before, or make this salad with leftover roast vegetables.
See full comment guidelines
- Personal attacks
- Irrelevant comments
- HTML tags
- Personal information
- Offensive language
- Text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
Thank you for sharing your opinions with other users of
NineMSN. People will find your comments more helpful if you include
relevant information and avoid some common pitfalls.
Please note: All reviews and comments submitted are subject to moderation, NineMSN reserves the right to alter and / or remove any content that does not comply with usage guidelines.
What to include in your comment:
- A title that briefly summarizes the opinion expressed in the
- Additional comments adding more detail.
- Comparisons to other similar products, if this is relevant.
- To create a new paragraph, press the Enter key twice.
What not to include:
- Information that will quickly go out of date.
- Comments on other comments or commenters.
- Language that other users may find offensive.
- comments of one sentence or less. Provide information to support your
- Personal information like your email address or telephone number.
- HTML coding. Tags like <b> or <i> will not be recognized.