Spinach, beetroot and egg salad
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
baby beetroot, 2 bunches, stems trimmed
water, 1 cup
green beans, 200g, trimmed
sugar snap peas, 100g, trimmed
avocado, ½, seeded, peeled, chopped
baby spinach leaves, 150g
eggs, 2, hard boiled, peeled, quartered
pine nut and seed mix, 2 tablespoons, toasted
extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon
Lemon, 1, zest and 1 tablespoon of juice
maple syrup, 1 tablespoon
wholegrain mustard, 2 teaspoons
PER SERVE 1100kJ fat 16g sat fat 3.2g
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- Place beetroot in a baking dish. Add water. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 40-50 minutes, until tender. Allow beetroot
to cool, then peel.
- Blanch beans and peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh
under cold water.
- DRESSING: Combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, peas, avocado and baby spinach leaves. Add dressing and toss gently. Top with hard-boiled eggs and beetroot. Scatter with nut and seed mixture.
- Make this a main meal salad by tossing through a well-drained
400g can of tuna or salmon.
- Beetroot is an excellent source of fibre and is also packed with beta-carotene, folate, potassium, vitamin C and iron.
See full comment guidelines
- Personal attacks
- Irrelevant comments
- HTML tags
- Personal information
- Offensive language
- Text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
Thank you for sharing your opinions with other users of
NineMSN. People will find your comments more helpful if you include
relevant information and avoid some common pitfalls.
Please note: All reviews and comments submitted are subject to moderation, NineMSN reserves the right to alter and / or remove any content that does not comply with usage guidelines.
What to include in your comment:
- A title that briefly summarizes the opinion expressed in the
- Additional comments adding more detail.
- Comparisons to other similar products, if this is relevant.
- To create a new paragraph, press the Enter key twice.
What not to include:
- Information that will quickly go out of date.
- Comments on other comments or commenters.
- Language that other users may find offensive.
- comments of one sentence or less. Provide information to support your
- Personal information like your email address or telephone number.
- HTML coding. Tags like <b> or <i> will not be recognized.