Chorizo, prawn and feta tortillas
Serves 4Cuisine type: MexicanCooking time:
Less than 30 minutesConvenience recipes: four or less
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
chorizo, 1, thinly sliced
kidney beans, 400g can, rinsed, drained
green king prawns, 20 medium, peeled, deveined, tails intact
smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon
small radishes, 2, finely sliced
feta, 100g, crumbled
coriander leaves, 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Arrange tortillas on trays. Bake 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan on high. Fry chorizo slices 2-3 minutes, until golden and crisp on outside. Remove from pan, reserving oil in pan. Divide chorizo and beans between pizza bases.
- Top each tortilla with 5 prawns. Brush with reserved oil in pan. Sprinkle with paprika and season to taste. Bake 6-8 minutes, until prawns are pink and just cooked through.
- Top with radish slices, crumbled feta and coriander. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
- Feta is the best substitute for a traditional Mexican soft cheese.
- You will need about 500g green prawns in their shells.