Ratatouille zucchini melts
A delicious recpe for Ratatouille zucchini melts brought to you by ninemsn.
zucchini, 4, halved lengthways
olive oil, 2 tablespoons
red capsicum, 1, seeded, chopped
red onion, 1, chopped
tomato passata, 1/3 cup
thyme leaves, 2 teaspoons
garlic clove, 1, crushed
pitted, halved kalamata olives,
four cheese mix, ½ cup
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a large shallow oven dish.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds along zucchini to form a shallow cavity. Place zucchini in dish and drizzle with half oil. Season. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large frying pan on medium. Saute capsicum and onion 4-5 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in passata, thyme and garlic. Bring to simmer and cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in olives and season to taste.
- Fill each zucchini with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is hot and bubbling.
- We used a cheese combination of shredded cheddar, traditional and easy melt mozzarella, and romano. You can find four cheese mixes in your supermarket fridge.