Fish and vegetable targine
Serves 4Cooking time:
Less than 60 minutesCourse: Lunch
, MainFavourite flavours: SeafoodConvenience recipes: Budget
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
onion, 1, chopped
garlic cloves, 2, crushed
coriander, 1 bunch
ginger, 3cm, peeled, chopped
ras el hanout, 1 tablespoon
vegetable oil, ¼ cup
skinless boneless white fish fillets, 350g, cut into 8 pieces
kumera, 300g, peeled, chopped
red onion, 1, cut into wedges
vegetable or fish stock, 1½ cups
chickpeas, 400g can, drained, rinsed
zucchini, 1, sliced
tomato, 1, seeded, finely chopped
couscous or quinoa, to serve
- Process onion, garlic, coriander root, ginger and ras el hanout until well chopped. With motor running, add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cover fish with paste, reserving 2 tablespoons. Cover and chill.
- Heat remaining oil in large saucepan on medium. Saute kumera, onion and reserved paste 3-4 minutes. Add stock, bring to boil then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and zucchini. Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Add fish. Continue to simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested.
- Stir tomato and coriander leaves through. Serve with prepared couscous or quinoa.