One pan tuscan chicken with croutons
Serves 4Cooking time:
More than 1 hourCourse: Lunch
, MainFavourite flavours: Chicken
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
red onions, 2, halved, skin on
pumpkin, 400g, cut into 3cm wedges
olive oil, 2 tablespoons
whole chicken, 1.5kg, quartered
garlic cloves, 6, skin on, bruised
rosemary, 4 stalks
lemon, 1, quartered
Turkish bread roll, 1, torn into small croutons
baby roma tomatoes, 12, halved
egg mayonnaise, ½ cup
baby spinach leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C.
- Combine onion and pumpkin in very large baking dish. Drizzle with half oil and season to taste. Bake 15 minutes.
- Arrange chicken pieces around vegetables in pan, tucking garlic cloves and rosemary between pieces. Squeeze over juice from 1 lemon quarter, then place remaining lemon quarters in pan. Season to taste. Bake 40 minutes.
- In bowl, toss Turkish bread and tomatoes in remaining oil to coat. Season to taste. Add to dish. Bake a further 10-15 minutes, until croutons are golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Squeeze half garlic cloves from skins and mash with fork. Stir into mayonnaise with a squeeze of roasted lemon. Season to taste. Serve chicken with croutons, vegetables and garlic mayonnaise. Accompany with spinach leaves.
- You can use 2 halved spatchcock to reduce cooking time.