Chilli crumbed turkey supreme
Serves 4-6Cooking time:
More than 1 hourCourse: MainFavourite flavours: Spicy
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
butter, 75g, softened, plus 20g extra
chilli jam, ¼ cup
chives, 1 tablespoon, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
lemon, 1 tablespoon zest, plus wedges, to serve
turkey breast supreme, 1.5kg, skin on, wingbone attached
fresh breadcrumbs, 1 cup
macadamia nuts, ½ cup, roasted, finely chopped
egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Place an oiled rack over a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, 2 tablespoons chilli jam, chives and zest. Season to taste.
- Loosen and lift turkey skin to create a pocket. Carefully push butter mixture between skin and flesh. Brush all over with extra butter and season to taste.
- Place turkey skin side up on rack. Bake 40 minutes, basting with pan juices halfway through.
- Remove rack from dish and pour pan juices into a bowl with breadcrumbs and nuts. Mix together well and season to taste.
- Increase oven to very hot, 220°C. Press breadcrumb mixture over turkey skin to coat. Place rack back over pan and bake a further 15-20 minutes, until juices run clear when tested with a skewer. Rest, covered loosely with foil, 15 minutes.
- Serve turkey in slices with mayonnaise, remaining chilli jam, lemon wedges and chives.
- Chilli jam can be replaced with sweet chilli sauce or any of your favourite chilli sauces.