Asian-style chicken meatballs
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
chicken mince, 500g
green onions, 4, finely
ginger, 2cm piece, peeled,
soy sauce, 1 tablespoon,
plus extra to serve
sesame oil, 2 teaspoons
castor sugar, 2 teaspoons
garlic clove, 1, crushed
vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons
wombok, ½, finely shredded
carrot, 1, peeled, grated
radish, 4, finely sliced
green onions, 2, finely sliced
ready-made Asian dressing, ½ cup
toasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon
- In a large bowl, combine mince, onion, ginger, soy, sesame oil, sugar and garlic. Season to taste and mix well.
- Roll into walnut sized balls. Arrange on a tray. Chill 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Fry meatballs 10-12 minutes, turning often, until golden all over and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- SALAD: Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Serve meatballs with salad and accompanied by extra soy sauce.
- These meatballs are delicious served with sweet chilli sauce or your favourite Asian dipping sauce.