Prawn, fennel and tomato fettuccine
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
cherry tomatoes, 250g punnet
olive oil, 2 tablespoons
fresh fettuccine, 375g
fennel, 1 bulb, finely sliced
red onion, 1 small, finely
lemon, 1, finely grated zest
green prawns, 500g, peeled, deveined, tails on
salted baby capers, 2 tablespoons, rinsed, drained
thickened cream, ¾ cup
dill, chopped, ¼ cup
crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place tomatoes on tray. Drizzle with half oil and season to taste. Bake 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions. Drain and return to pan.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan on medium. Saute fennel, onion and lemon zest 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add prawns and capers, cooking 2-3 minutes, until prawns are almost cooked through.
- Stir cream and tomatoes through. Bring to simmer and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Toss sauce through pasta with dill. Season to taste. Serve with crusty bread.
- Replace prawns with 200g smoked trout fillet (bones removed, flesh flaked) or any other smoked fish.