Grilled snapper nicoise
Serves 4Cuisine type: FrenchCooking time:
Less than 60 minutesCourse: Lunch
, MainFavourite flavours: Seafood
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
6 chat potatoes, cut into 3mm slices
4 x 100g snapper fillets
2 vine-ripened tomatoes,
cut into wedges
100g green beans, trimmed, blanched
½ cup kalamata olives
2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled,
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 anchovies, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Melt half butter in a large frying pan on medium. Fry potato slices in a single layer, 4-5 minutes each side. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, remove bones from centre of each fish fillet using fish tweezers. Score the skin side of the fish at 1.5cm intervals to allow even cooking. Season to taste.
- Melt remaining butter in a large frying pan on medium. Cook fish, skin side down, 2-3 minutes, pressing down to seal. Turn and cook a further 2 minutes.
- DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Season to taste.
- In a bowl, gently toss potato, tomato, beans and olives together with half
dressing. Arrange salad on plates. Top with egg. Serve with fish and a drizzle of remaining dressing.
- Make a quick tartare sauce for the fish by combining 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise with the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Stir in 1 tablespoon each chopped cornichons (small pickled gherkins), capers and parsley.