Raspberry, pear and muesli loaf
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
1½ cups self-raising flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate
¾ cup toasted muesli
1/3 cup brown sugar
¾ cup milk
125g butter, melted
1 egg, whisked
1 pear, cored, chopped
1/3 cup frozen raspberries
¼ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line
a 10 x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Sift flour and soda together into a large bowl. Stir muesli and sugar through. Make a well in centre and add combined milk, butter and egg until well combined. Fold pear and raspberries through.
- Spoon mixture into pan and smooth surface. Scatter almonds over. Bake 1 hour, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in
an airtight container.
- Slice loaf and freeze in individual slices – it’s great for lunch boxes.