Chocolate heart panna cotta
Not sure what to cook for your love on Valentines Day? Try this delicious dessert for two...Chocolate heart panna cotta.
½ cup thickened cream
¼ cup milk
60g dark chocolate, chopped
3 teaspoons caster sugar
¾ teaspoon gelatine
1 tablespoon just boiled water
Chocolate hearts (see tip), strawberries, to serve
- Lightly grease two ½-cup capacity silicone heart moulds. Arrange on a tray.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream, milk, chocolate and sugar. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth do not boil.
- In a small jug, whisk gelatine briskly into hot water using a fork, until dissolved. Cool slightly. Blend into cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared moulds. Chill, covered, for 3 hours or overnight, until set. Unmould and serve with chocolate hearts and strawberries.
- To make chocolate hearts, line a tray with baking paper. Pipe heart outlines onto tray using melted chocolate and a freezer bag with a snipped corner as the piping bag. Chill until set.
- Try using other ½-cup moulds of choice.
And for the main? Try our recipe for Herbed rack of lamb and sautéed potatoes