Chicken korma for $10
Feed 4 for $10 or less with the Woman's Day budget weekday meal planner!
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
½ cup korma curry paste
2 baby eggplants, trimmed, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
400g can coconut milk
¾ cup chicken stock
1½ cups shredded barbecued chicken
50g green beans, trimmed, halved
coriander leaves, toasted flaked almonds
steamed rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high. Saute onion for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add eggplant and tomato.
Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Blend in coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil on high. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in chicken and beans. Simmer for a further 3-4 minutes, until beans are tender.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with coriander and almonds. Serve with rice.
- Chicken stock cubes or powder are a cheaper alternative to liquid stock.
- Wrap leftover barbecued chicken in plastic and keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
For our full budget weekday meal planner and shopping list, see this week's Woman's Day
(on sale July 20, 2009).
Also in the mag this week: MasterChef's Julie: I don't want to be famousChris Rawlinson: My heart is breakingJennifer Hawkins: A week in my worldAnge finds Brad's secret 'Sex diary'Janet Jackson: Finally a mumBrand Bindi out of controlHarry Potter stars' magic millions
From the food pages