Mexi bean pasties for $9.50
Feed 4 for $10 or less with the Woman's Day budget weekday meal planner!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 capsicum, seeded, chopped
1 kumara, peeled, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
420g can mexi beans
1 cup grated tasty cheese
4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
Milk for glazing
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium. Sauté capsicum, kumara and onion for 2-3 minutes until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in beans and cheese. Season to taste.
- Cut each piece of pastry into 4. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into the centre of each pastry square. Wet edges with a little water. Fold pastry over to form a triangle, pressing edges together with a fork to seal.
- Make 2 or 3 slits in the top of each pasty. Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with salad.
These pasties can be frozen unbaked for up to 2 months. Bake from frozen for 20-30 minutes.
For our full budget weekday meal planner and shopping list, see this week's Woman's Day
(on sale Nov 24).