Chicken, pea and mint fettuccine for $3.35 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
fettuccine, 375g packet
dry white wine,
thickened cream, 300ml
1/2, flesh shredded
snow peas, 100g, trimmed, halved
frozen peas, 1 cup
mint, finely shredded, 1/3 cup
shaved parmesan, crusty bread, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring wine to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer until reduced by half. Stir in cream. Simmer 2-3 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Stir chicken, snow peas and peas through. Simmer 2-3 minutes, until chicken is heated.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and toss well. Season to taste. Serve topped with mint and parmesan. Accompany with crusty bread if liked.
- Thickened cream can be replaced with low-fat cream for cooking, or evaporated milk.
- Use sugar snap peas in place of snow peas, if good value.