Spanish spuds for $2.60 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
4 large, scrubbed
onion, 1, finely chopped
capsicum, 1, seeded, finely chopped
garlic, 2 cloves, crushed
vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
raw chorizo sausages (not the smoked and cured kind), 2, mince removed from casings
frozen peas, 1/2 cup, thawed
tasty cheese, grated,
1/2 cup sour cream,
salad, to serve
- 1 Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line an oven tray with foil.
- Boil potatoes on high. Cook 15-20 minutes, until almost tender. Drain well.
- Slice 1cm from top of each potato. Using a teaspoon, scoop out flesh (this can be used to make other patties), leaving 1cm shell.
- Saute onion, capsicum and garlic in oil 1-2 minutes, until onion is tender. Add chorizo mince and cook 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps.
- Stir in tomato and paprika. Simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes. Add peas and season to taste.
- Arrange potatoes on tray. Spoon mixture into each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts and potatoes are hot. Serve topped with sour cream and parsley. Accompanywith a side salad.