Italian sausage calzones for $3.00 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
onion, 1, chopped
garlic, 2 cloves, crushed
4, well chopped
tomato, 1, chopped
4 sheets, thawed
shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup
egg, 1, beaten
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute onion and garlic 2-3 minutes. Add sausage and saute a further 4-5 minutes, until golden. Stir in tomato and basil, and cook a further 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on a clean surface. Cut into round shape by trimming corners. Spoon 1/4 sausage mixture into centre of pastry. Top with 1/4 mozzarella. Brush edges with egg. Fold over into a semi-circle, pressing edges together with a fork to seal. Transfer to tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Brush calzones with remaining egg. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Accompany with salad of choice.
- We used 350g sausage.