Sausage and tomato omelette for $3.30 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
cooked sausages, 4, sliced
cooked potatoes, 2, chopped
grated tasty cheese,
parsley, chopped, ¼ cup, plus extra leaves to serve
crusty bread, 8 slices, toasted
- Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan on medium.
- For each omelette, heat 1 teaspoon oil, swirling to coat base of pan. Add 1 sausage and quarter tomato and potato. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 2 eggs with seasonings to taste. Pour over sausage mixture. Cook for a few seconds, until slightly set. Pull cooked egg towards the centre with a heatproof spatula, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg to run out to edge of pan. Repeat until omelette is set, 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle omelette with cheese and parsley. Cook for a few seconds then fold over to cover filling. Slide onto a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Top omelette with extra parsley and serve with hot buttered toast.
- Use other combinations such as bacon and mushroom, herbs and cheese, smoked salmon and chives.