Creamy spinach & prosciutto macaroni for $2.95 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
prosciutto, 4 thin slices off the bone (80g)
dried macaroni, 500g
milk, 2 cups
grated tasty cheese,
eggs, 2, lightly beaten
baby spinach, 60g
salad leaves, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan on high. Fry prosciutto 2-3 minutes, turning, until crisp. Break into pieces and set aside.
- Cook pasta following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter on medium. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Gradually add milk, stirring, until smooth. Return to medium heat, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Simmer 3 minutes. Mix in cheese and season to taste.
- Drain pasta well, returning to pan with sauce, egg and spinach. Toss well. Serve topped with prosciutto, and with a leafy side salad.
- Try other combinations such as cherry tomatoes, bacon and parsley or asparagus and mushrooms.