Bangladeshi lamb curry for $5.25 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
ghee, ¼ cup
onions, 2 large, thinly sliced
bay leaves, 4
cinnamon quill, 1
green cardamom pods, 5, bruised
whole cloves, 5
garlic, 3 large cloves, crushed
fresh ginger, 3cm, peeled, grated
boneless lamb leg, 750g, trimmed, cubed
sugar, 2 teaspoons
cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon
thick plain yoghurt, 500ml
green beans, 200g, trimmed, halved
rice, flaked almonds, sliced chilli, to serve
- Heat ghee in a large, heavy-based frying pan on high. Cook onions, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves 8-10 minutes, stirring, until golden brown. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add lamb, cooking 4-5 minutes, to brown all over. Stir in sugar and cayenne. Add yoghurt 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring between each addition. Season to taste and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 1 hour, until lamb is tender. Add beans and simmer a further 2 minutes. Serve on rice, topped with flaked almonds and sliced red chilli.
- If preferred, you can replace the lamb leg with a shoulder of lamb or diced forequarter chops in this recipe.
See full comment guidelines
- Personal attacks
- Irrelevant comments
- HTML tags
- Personal information
- Offensive language
- Text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
Thank you for sharing your opinions with other users of
NineMSN. People will find your comments more helpful if you include
relevant information and avoid some common pitfalls.
Please note: All reviews and comments submitted are subject to moderation, NineMSN reserves the right to alter and / or remove any content that does not comply with usage guidelines.
What to include in your comment:
- A title that briefly summarizes the opinion expressed in the
- Additional comments adding more detail.
- Comparisons to other similar products, if this is relevant.
- To create a new paragraph, press the Enter key twice.
What not to include:
- Information that will quickly go out of date.
- Comments on other comments or commenters.
- Language that other users may find offensive.
- comments of one sentence or less. Provide information to support your
- Personal information like your email address or telephone number.
- HTML coding. Tags like <b> or <i> will not be recognized.