Mexican beef fajitas for $1.65 per fajita
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
beef rump steak, 400g,
cut into strips
taco seasoning mix, 35g packet
olive oil, 2 tablespoons
red onion, 1, cut into thin wedges
red kidney beans, 400g can
flour tortillas, 8 small
capsicum, 1, seeded, thinly sliced
shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup
sour cream, ½ cup
coriander leaves, ½ cup
- In a bowl, combine beef with half the seasoning. Mix well.
- Heat half oil in a frying pan on high. Saute beef, onion and capsicum 4-5 minutes, until well browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add beans and remaining seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes, mashing up beans with the back of a wooden spoon. Return beef and onion mixture to pan with beans.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet instructions.
- Place an even amount of beef mixture onto each tortilla. Top with capsicum, cheese, sour cream and coriander. Wrap and serve.