Vegetable cannelloni for $2.50 per serve
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
onion, 1, finely chopped
garlic cloves, 2, crushed
frozen mixed vegetables,
2 cups, thawed
fresh ricotta, 250g
parmesan, ½ cup grated, plus
¼ cup extra
cannelloni tubes, 250g packet
tomato passata, 500g jar
ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon
rocket leaves, to serve
plain flour, 2 tablespoons
milk, 2 cups
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a deep 22 x 35cm ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high. Saute onion and garlic 2-3 minutes. Add vegetables and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir ricotta and parmesan through. Season to taste. Cool.
- Fill cannelloni tubes with ricotta mixture. Spread half passata over the base of dish. Arrange cannelloni in a single layer on top. Pour over remaining passata.
- SAUCE Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour. Cook 1 minute. Stir in milk. Cook, stirring, until boiling. Simmer 3 minutes. Pour over cannelloni. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and nutmeg.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until golden. Serve topped with rocket leaves.