Chicken, spinach and feta parcels for $2.50 per serve
Serves 6Cooking time:
Less than 60 minutesFavourite flavours: Easy recipes
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
leek, 1, finely sliced
frozen spinach, 250g, thawed
chicken, 1½ cups, cooked, shredded
feta, 200g, crumbled
eggs, 2, lightly beaten
lemon zest, 1 teaspoon, finely grated
filo pastry, 12 sheets
mixed salad, lemon wedges,
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease an oven tray.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Saute leek 4-5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and stir spinach through.
- Transfer leek mixture to a bowl with chicken, feta, eggs and lemon zest. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Working with 2 sheets of filo pastry at a time, layer on a clean surface, spraying each with oil. Fold in halves.
- Spoon one-sixth of chicken mixture into centre of pastry. Fold sides over and roll up to form a parcel. Place, seam-side down, on tray. Spray with oil. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until pastry is crisp. Serve with salad and lemon wedges.