Roast pumpkin risotto for $6.60
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
750g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1½ cups Arborio rice
4 cups hot chicken stock
¼ cup grated parmesan, plus extra shaved parmesan to serve
1 tablespoon chopped parsley, plus
extra to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl, toss pumpkin and half oil together. Season. Arrange in a single layer in pan. Bake 15-20 minutes, until just tender.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan on medium. Saute onion and garlic 4-5 minutes, until the onion softens. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes, until the grains become translucent.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock to the rice, stirring constantly until absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb, until the rice is just tender and creamy (about 20 minutes).
- Stir pumpkin, parmesan, butter and parsley through. Season to taste. Serve topped with extra chopped parsley and shaved parmesan.