Pesto, bacon and mushroom pizza for $9
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
4 Lebanese breads
½ cup prepared pesto (basil
or capsicum, see tip)
100g bacon pieces
100g button mushrooms,
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup grated mozzarella
baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Place bread on trays. Spread pesto over. Sprinkle with bacon, mushrooms and onion. Top with mozzarella.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden and crisp. Serve topped with rocket leaves.
- You can make your own pesto with basil leaves, almonds or pine nuts, grated parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil – store any leftover pesto in a resealable jar in the fridge.
- If you have salami, cabanossi or ham on hand, use this in place of bacon, or use a combination of these meats.
- Sliced capsicum or chopped tomato make a nice addition.
- Use any base you prefer – tortilla, Turkish bread or even halved baguettes
or other rolls.