Baked orange chicken for $9.80
See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day.
4 chicken drumsticks
4 large chicken wings
30g butter, melted
3 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 oranges, 1 segmented,
zest and juice of other
1 small onion, finely chopped
leaves of 2 sprigs rosemary,
½ cup chicken stock
couscous, green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- Arrange chicken pieces in dish. In a small jug, combine butter, paprika, chilli and oregano. Brush mixture liberally over chicken. Scatter over orange segments, onion, rosemary and zest.
- Pour combined stock and orange juice into dish with chicken. Season to taste.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, basting with pan juices halfway through cooking. Serve chicken with cousco us and green beans.
- For added flavour, replace butter with olive oil. Also try marinating
the chicken overnight.
- This chicken is delicious cooked on the barbecue and served with salad.