Spicy Asian veal
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
peanut oil, 1 tablespoon
veal osso bucco, 1kg
red onions, 2, chopped
garlic, 1 clove, crushed
Thai red curry paste, ¼ cup
zucchini, 2, sliced
coconut cream, 400ml can
beef stock, 1 cup
fish sauce, 2 tablespoons
lime juice, 1 tablespoon
steamed rice, lime wedges, coriander leaves, sliced chilli,
- Heat half oil in a flameproof casserole dish on high. Brown meat 4-5 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate.
- Saute onion and garlic in same pan 2-3 minutes. Stir in curry paste. Cook, stirring, 1 minute, until fragrant. Add zucchini. Cook stirring, until well-coated.
- Stir in coconut cream, stock and fish sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Return meat to pan, simmer, covered, 1½-2 hours, until very tender. Stir in juice. Serve with rice, lime, coriander and chilli.
- You could add 1 thickly sliced red capsicum and 1 sliced carrot with the curry paste in step 2.
- If you prefer, shred meat from bone before serving.