Serves 4Cooking time:
Less than 60 minutesCourse: BreakfastFavourite flavours: Easy recipes
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
thin sausages, 4
portobello mushrooms, 4 large
extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons
rindless bacon, 4 rashers, halved
roma tomatoes, 4 small, halved lengthways
chopped parsley, buttered toast,
- Preheat oven to very hot, 220°C.
- Arrange sausages and mushrooms in a large baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake 10 minutes, turning sausages once.
- Add bacon and tomatoes. Season to taste. Bake a further 10-15 minutes, until bacon is golden and tomato slightly tender.
- Reduce oven to hot, 200°C. Create 4 small gaps in baking dish for eggs. Crack 1 egg into each space. Bake 8-10 minutes, until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve sprinkled with parsley and accompanied with buttered toast.
- This is a mess-free way to feed a crowd for breakfast or brunch. For extra servings, just increase the number of each component so that you get 1 sausage, egg, mushroom, tomato and bacon rasher per person.