Spiced beef nachos
See more recipes in this Week's Woman's Day.
olive oil, 1 tablespoon
red onion, 1, finely chopped
red capsicum, 1, seeded,
long red chilli, 1, finely sliced
garlic cloves, 2, crushed
dried oregano, 2 teaspoons
ground cumin, 2 teaspoons
ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon
ground coriander, 1 teaspoon
beef mince, 500g
diced tomatoes, 400g can
water, ½ cup
kidney beans, 400g can, drained, rinsed
corn chips, 200g pack
grated tasty cheese
sour cream, guacamole (see tip), lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Saute onion, capsicum, chilli and garlic 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add oregano and spices and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Increase heat to high. Brown mince well, 5-10 minutes, breaking up lumps as it cooks.
- Stir in tomato and water. Simmer 10 minute then add kidney beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, until sauce is thick.
- Arrange beef and a quarter corn chips in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese to taste. Bake 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve accompanied with remaining corn chips, sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.
- To make guacamole, mash 1 avocado with 1 tablespoon lime juice. Stir in 1 finely chopped tomato, 1 finely chopped green onion and 1 tablespoon roughly chopped coriander leaves. Add extra kidney beans to make this dish go further.