See more recipes in this week's Woman's Day magazine.
200g butter, chopped
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup golden syrup
3 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and golden syrup. Stir over a low
heat until melted and combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixture, beat mixture until light and fluffy. Allow to cool slightly.
- Sift flour, spices and soda together. Fold into butter mixture until well combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on trays, allowing a little space between each. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These can be frozen or stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.